Intraway and Inceptum develop Closed-Loop System to leverage Network and Service Assurance data to Orchestrate Network Services and Field Service Activity
Miami, FL – September 6, 2022 – Intraway, a leading global provider of Operations Support Systems (OSS) no-code cloud-native provisioning solutions, and Inceptum, a leading Network and Service Assurance vendor, announced today the development of a Closed-Loop orchestration system that allows operators to leverage real-time information into effecting changes to the network to initiate and manage provisioning flows based on detection of different utilization levels, faults and events.
Recently developed and to be introduced at the upcoming TM Forum DTW Conference in Copenhagen from September 20-22, the system will illustrate two use cases. The first will show how one could trigger an upsell process for a customer utilizing a link above a specified utilization for some period of time. As a threshold is exceeded, a prompt to the customer will be generated to select and, if chosen, initiate a provisioning process to select a service from a catalog, validate acceptance of the service from a contractual standpoint and then actually provision the new service automatically.
The second use case, more tuned to field service activities, will demonstrate the initiation of a provisioning process, ticketing and service actions based on a faulty device parameter. Based on fault management data in UMBOSS, the system will start a repair process mapped in
Symphonica, which will trigger (new) device discovery and a series of notifications for network operations to ensure the service is up and running properly.
Please visit Inceptum’s booth # 313 at Digital Transformation World to see these two use cases in action.
Media Contacts Intraway
Business customer has 100 Mbps uplink speed and UMBOSS is monitoring the CPE and the uplink interface. Uplink bandwidth is fetched from external service inventory and set in UMBOSS FM as a reference information.
Uplink bandwidth threshold is set to 80%. If the uplink bandwidth threshold is violated for three consecutive hours UMBOSS triggers a workflow in Symphonica to start an upsell process.
In upsell process
- “Better” service is selected from the product catalog
- Notification is sent to the customer to confirm that new service is acceptable
- Notification is sent to the customer assigned key account manager
- If customer does not respond in three days, a new notification is sent
- If customer dose not respond in addition three days, key account manager is notified, and the process stops
- Once the customer confirms the new service, provisioning process is started to change the uplink interface configuration
- Service inventory is updated
New uplink bandwidth value is updated in UMBOSS FM reference database, and the alarm is cleared.
Use case 2
UMBOSS monitors optical power (TX and RX) on core / aggregation device interface and if the optical power is above a defined threshold a repair process is started in Symphonica.
- Create work order for a field technician to replace the SFP
- Send notifications to affected customers
- Field technician confirms that the SFP is replaced
- Tigger new device discovery in UMBOSS to fetch new device information
- Wait for one day
- If optical power alarm is not cleared create a work order for field technician to perform OTDR measurements on the link
- If measurements are not within specification, replace a cable / fiber
- Inceptum Marketing Contact: Dawn Helen Habijan, email@example.com
Intraway Marketing Contact: Charlene Briganty, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Inceptum – Telecom OSS. Done right.
Improving and transforming complex operations is what Inceptum does best. They’ve created UMBOSS, their flagship umbrella OSS software product that provides the unified management of telecom network, hybrid data center, and cloud and network infrastructure across domains.
UMBOSS is modular, vendor-agnostic, and battle tested in network and service monitoring, NOC/SOC operations, analytics, and planning. If your goal is to manage your OSS better by reducing costs and simplifying operations while evolving into a service and customer centric operator, look no further. UMBOSS gets the job done, right.
With Inceptum you’ll experience a results-driven relationship, as demonstrated by their numerous partnerships with system integrators and telecommunication service providers around the world.