Workplace: Uruguay – Argentina
Java Developer SR+
We are seeking a passionate and technology-driven senior Java developer who is eager to tackle new challenges. This position is based in our Montevideo, Uruguay office.
As part of our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Play a key role in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining new and existing components
- Follow, promote, and suggest best practices for development
- Optimize new and existing modules, applications, services, etc.
- Create necessary documentation
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of unit and smoke tests
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
Required skills to be part of our amazing team:
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB, and Atlas
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Java development
- Proven experience with the Spring Framework and microservices architecture
- Experience in building Linux OS applications
- Familiarity with relational databases and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications
- Quick learner with the ability to gain deep product knowledge rapidly
- Familiarity with project assembly tools (Maven, Gradle)
- Intermediate English language skills
- Source Code Management: Git
- Proficiency in handling complex data streaming and processing requirements, such as Kafka (or similar)
Highly Valued – We’re excited if you have this experience, but don’t worry if you don’t!
- Java 17
- Spring Boot 3
- Kubernetes & Helm
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- In-depth understanding of low-level network protocols such as HTTP, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, and LDAP.
- Experience with multithreading and asynchronous programming.
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Scrum Methodology, and large-scale Scrum (LeSS) is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed log and app metrics stacks (Loki, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience in the telecom industry domain
- Your vacation is over and you feel that it was not enough? XL Days: unlimited responsible time off.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology! We offer free subscription to training platforms such as Coursera, Udemy, and other platforms.
- AWS Select Technology Partners: access to partner-only online training, funnels, webcasts, and other valuable assets.
- You want to keep learning? Virtual training through our internal platforms!
- Extended paternity leave and a progressive return on maternity leave.
- Baby shower gifts
- Five and ten-year anniversary special surprise present. We cannot spoil it!
- Referral Program: win a gift card when you refer amazing people like you!
- If that’s not enough and you still want to keep learning – we offer Tech talks and webinars!
- For our family and friends who are also a big part of our work life, each year you can send 1 birthday cake to the person of your choice
We provide a collaborative environment that encourages you to propose new ideas and actively implement cutting-edge technologies. As we are a fast-growing team, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career.
Join our crew at Intraway, a well-established organization with over 10 years of presence in the country and 20 years of experience in the telecom industry. As a company committed to growth and innovation, we offer a secure job environment with significant investments in cutting-edge technologies and numerous opportunities for development.
If you want to make your next career move, apply now. We are waiting for you!